Eco – friendly island Brac accommodation
Rooms Sunce Team has proceeded to the implementing an Eco-friendly accommodation management, suggesting ways that respect nature, island life and save significant amounts of energy and clean water.
This are our ways to take care of Island Ecosystem and health of our Guests:
- All staff are energy aware and trained in environmentally friendly practice to reduce waste, to go plastic-free and zero-waste whenever possible.
- Guests are encouraged to keep their towels and sheets as clean as possible and ask for new ones when it is absolutely necessary.
- Energy saving light bulbs are installed for the ecological lighting of the house and the common use areas.
- The outdoor lights have been carefully selected so that there will be an ideal lighting using static and switchable lights. Aiming at saving energy, we have applied a lighting management system using photocells and lighting timers.
- Object is equipped with electrical appliances of energy class A to help reduce Rooms Sunce environmental footprint and create a more sustainable accommodation that values regenerative tourism practices.
- Gardens are watered in the mornings and evenings only to prevent unnecessary evaporation at the hottest times of day and maintain healthy ecosystem.
- Purchasing recycled paper and toners for the times we absolutely need to print.
- Paper in our office is RE-used whenever possible.
- We try to avoid using small packages in personal care products.
- Where possible, Eco-friendly, zero-waste cleaning products are used.
- Notices are placed in rooms requesting guests to conserve water and electricity whenever possible.
- Leak testing is performed on a regular basis.
- Building materials are RE-used whenever possible.
- Numerous decorative pieces and furniture items have been retouched and upcycled by our Creative Team preferred artisic techniques or made by using recycled materials.
- Items that are in good condition but no longer in use are donated to local social services.
- Local and seasonal products are purchased whenever possible to reduce environmental impact.
- Supporting local manufacturers of food, organic beauty products and souvenirs
- Promoting Eco activities and Eco travel options
Organic waste management
We apply a programme of composting on organic leftovers (fruit, vegetables) and garden waste deriving from cleaning
the plants, so as to create a natural fertilizer to enrich the soil.
We apply a programme of recycling paper, plastic, aluminium, glass, batteries, cosmetic containers like shampoos, shower gels etc. and wine bottle corks 🙂 urging our guests as well to equally participate in separating recyclable material and placing it in the corresponding special bag or appropriate recycle bins at Rooms Sunce.