Rooms Sunce Team has proceeded to the planning of an eco-friendly accommodation management, suggesting ways that respect nature, island life and save significant amounts of energy and clean water.
- All staff are energy aware and trained in environmentally friendly practice to reduce waste, to go plastic-free and zero-waste whenever possible.
- Guests are encouraged to keep their towels and sheets as clean as possible and ask for new ones when it is absolutely necessary.
- Energy saving light bulbs are installed for the ecological lighting of the house and the common use areas.
- The outdoor lights have been carefully selected so that there will be an ideal lighting using static and switchable lights. Aiming at saving energy, we have applied a lighting management system using photocells and lighting timers.
- Object is equipped with electrical appliances of energy class A to help reduce Rooms Sunce environmental footprint and create a more sustainable accommodation.
- Gardens are watered in the mornings and evenings only to prevent unnecessary evaporation at the hottest times of day.
- Purchasing recycled paper and toners for the times we absolutely need to print,
- Paper in our office is RE-used whenever possible.
- We try to avoid using small packages in personal care products.
- Where possible, eco-friendly, zero-waste cleaning products are used.
- Notices are placed in rooms requesting guests to conserve water and electricity whenever possible.
- Leak testing is performed on a regular basis.
- Building materials are RE-used whenever possible.
- Numerous decorative pieces and furniture items have been retouched and upcycled by our Creative Team preferred artisic techniques or made by using recycled materials.
- Items that are in good condition but no longer in use are donated.
- Local and seasonal products are purchased whenever possible to reduce environmental impact.
Organic waste management
We apply a programme of composting on organic leftovers (fruit, vegetables) and garden waste deriving from cleaning
the plants, so as to create a natural fertilizer to enrich the soil.
We apply a programme of recycling paper, plastic, aluminium, glass, batteries and wine bottle corks 🙂 urging our guests
as well to equally participate in separating recyclable material and placing it in the corresponding special bag or bin.